It’s the holiday season and everyone’s busy posting selfies with their christmas gifts (and loved ones), so here are 7 tips for better selfies from selfie pro Tess Holliday that will help you avoid the selfies you so much criticize.
7 Tips for better selfies
- Hold the camera closer to your face (the above angle does not give a natural look).
- Avoid direct light or overhead light (natural, indirect light is your friend).
- Outdoor selfie? Try putting the sun directly behind your head.
- Curves, curves, curves. Try a hand high on your hip, a popped knee, or crossed legs to create some curves.
- Lying down? Prop your head up with a pillow to keep your girls in the right place.
- Mirror selfie? Make sure you’re in natural light or being lit from the front.
- Don’t let people make you feel bad for taking selfies. They can be a fun quick way to boost your self-esteem and show yourself some appreciation. Specially if they make you feel good!